Red Fruit Pudding
350 gm Bread
900 gm Fruit ( mixture of any soft fruits that are red in colour like plums, strawberry)
2-3 tbsps water
Sugar to taste
1. Cut the crust of the bread slices.
2. Cook the fruit in water. Use more of the water if the fruit is firm.
3. Add sugar to taste.
4. Allow the fruit to cool in its own juice.
5. Line the bottom and sides of a ½ litre glass bowl with most of the bread. Leave sufficient for the covering.
6. Add the fruit and the juice.
7. Cover with the bread.
8. Put a layer of greaseproof paper over the top, then a plate and a light weight. Stand the bowl on a plate, as some juice may spill out because of the weight on top.
9. Leave overnight.
10. Turn out on the serving dish, Touch up any white patches with the juice.
Tip – tastes fantastic with ice-cream
A very little bit of Humour!
Here are some carefully collected bits of wisdom fit only to be passed from generation to generation:-
- The two most common elements in the world are hydrogen and stupidity.
- If at first you don’t succeed, sky diving is not for you.
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
- Always remember to pillage before you burn.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.
- Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by moving from where you left them to where you can’t find them.
Here are some riddles to try on your children!
- What do you get if you cross a centipede with a parrot? —-A walkie talkie, of course!
- What do you call a man with a seagull on his head? —–Cliff!
- Why do cows have bells?——Because their horns don’t work!
Quote of the month
“The trouble with doing something right the first time, is that no one appreciates how difficult it really was!( and that includes having babies)”
Tips for you
- For homemade face pack, grind 1 tsp gram dal with 2 tsp milk. Add a tsp of honey to this mixture and apply on the face.
- Applying curd for 5 minutes, first thing in the morning, gives it a glow.
- Add a little water to used tealeaves and use them to clean glass and windowpanes for sparkling results.
- To clean the soiled edges of books ,rub with very fine sand paper
Send in your favourite recipe for the kids and win a delightful set of everlasting floating candles. So get cracking!